Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default DTV sound synch

"Jeffrey Angus" wrote in message
. ..
On 1/29/2011 5:24 AM, N_Cook wrote:
Its consistently the same , 2 different converters, 2 different aerials
and
downleads.
So unlikely multipath problems which ttend th change with weather and
time
of day etc. I think there is audio overload on general sound eg when
there
is an argument, elevated voices and speaking at the same time - its just
its
more obvious with an orchestra.

Ya know, once upon a time, "Broadcast quality" used to mean
something.

Now it appears to mean, "How much advertising revenue can we
cram into something?"

Nobody gives a **** about "doing it right" all the way down the
line from the CEO to the techs.

Jeff

I think to some extent, that depends on the 'quality' of the broadcaster
involved. I watch a lot of HD transmissions on sat, and most are superb.
I've never seen a sound / vision sync problem that I can remember. However,
I also watch some of the cheapo channels, and the whole production quality
can, as you say, be very variable. On these channels, I have often seen the
sync problem, so I guess that somewhere along the line, it's caused by cheap
production techniques, or maybe something to do with the bandwidth (cost) of
the data link from the programme producer to the uplink station, or maybe
the quality (cost) of the transponder that they are renting on the sat ?

Arfa