Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default DTV sound synch

David Nebenzahl wrote:
Question is about DTV sound synchronization in the United States (the
only DTV I have any experience of). Seems to me that since it replaced
analog, the synchronization of sound to picture is, at best, variable,
and sometimes it's absolutely ****-poor.

Watching some programming, like a classical music performance where one
can see string players' bows moving, sometimes the sound is so far off
as to be quite irritating, seemingly as much as half a second or so.

I don't know enough about DTV to say why this would be so, and whether
the problem is with the station originating the broadcast or somewhere
else along the line. (I'm guessing this problem doesn't occur at the
receiver end.) Anyone else notice this?

Yeah, a good plot to get rid of over the air TV all together. Just
think about all those extra cell phones they can add to the system and
make big money! ALong with all those other services that can be added
for a fee!

Jamie