Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default DTV sound synch

Dave Plowman (News) wrote in message
In article ,
N_Cook wrote:
On the music distortion , there is a an UHF aerial amp in line, suppling
both set-top boxes. Sometime I will try a different one to see if it
makes a difference. Without an amp some channels become "no signal"
although ok for BBC4 , must try set-top box digital radio 3 sometime.

I don't think anything you could do to the incoming RF data stream could
cause the problems you report. I'm in a very strong signal area as regards
UHF - I can see the Crystal Palace mast which is about 5 miles away. The
aerial fed direct to an analogue TV caused overload - but no such problems
when fed to a DTV box on trials. But of course I've not tried them all.

--
*I believe five out of four people have trouble with fractions. *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Its consistently the same , 2 different converters, 2 different aerials and
downleads.
So unlikely multipath problems which ttend th change with weather and time
of day etc. I think there is audio overload on general sound eg when there
is an argument, elevated voices and speaking at the same time - its just its
more obvious with an orchestra.

When I dig it out I will try another uhf amp, then it will be a full-on
mystery, if still the same audio problem. Never any picture problems other
than nearby motor use or very bad vehicle ignition