Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default DTV sound synch

Dave Plowman (News) wrote in message
In article m,
David Nebenzahl wrote:
I don't know enough about DTV to say why this would be so, and whether
the problem is with the station originating the broadcast or somewhere
else along the line. (I'm guessing this problem doesn't occur at the
receiver end.) Anyone else notice this?

I'm in the UK, but different receivers introduce their own differing
delay. As you'd notice with two on at the same time. And this is just DTV
tuners - not complete sets which may introduce a sound delay to compensate
for that in the display technology.

What I'm not sure is if the picture is still in sync with the sound on
these units.

There have been reports here of a re-boot sorting gross sound sync
problems on some makes.

--
*Sorry, I don't date outside my species.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

I use one most of the time and another to record another digital ch
concurrently off-air or for a second recorder on a few occassions. The
second one just feeds an earpiece so I can check the sound of that one
without any picture hook-up is the same as the main one with on-screen
ident, in case of r/c miskeyings. They never agree but they must each be in
sync within themselves , but not checked with 2 TVs simultaneously.

On the music distortion , there is a an UHF aerial amp in line, suppling
both set-top boxes. Sometime I will try a different one to see if it makes a
difference. Without an amp some channels become "no signal" although ok for
BBC4 , must try set-top box digital radio 3 sometime.