Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default DTV sound synch

In article ,
N_Cook wrote:
You mention classical music. I cannot listen to proper music on any of
the UK freeview channels because of some sort of overload distortion.
This is same on 2 makes of set-top box , is it just Rowridge, IoW,
transmissions/ local multipath problem to me or do others find this
issue in the UK? Is there a name for this distortion ?

Must be a local to you thing. I only ever listen to TV sound through a
decent external sound system, and although there are sometimes problems,
it's not fundamental to the system. Indeed I use FreeView tuners for radio
these days.

One thing you could check is your not overloading the input to whatever
you're listening on - some STBs can supply much more output than analogue
ones, if things are peaked to 0dBFS.

--
*(on a baby-size shirt) "Party -- my crib -- two a.m

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.