Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default DTV sound synch

On 29/01/2011 08:39, N_Cook wrote:

Even on , supposed, live feeds , often lack of sync in the UK
You mention classical music. I cannot listen to proper music on any of the
UK freeview channels because of some sort of overload distortion. This is
same on 2 makes of set-top box , is it just Rowridge, IoW, transmissions/
local multipath problem to me or do others find this issue in the UK? Is
there a name for this distortion ? full orchestra with the brakes on is fine
but go forte and clipping sort of compression distortion - if only they
still had test-cards with pilot tone these days, so I could scope.
And also related, no time signals these days, no seconds of time mentioned
anywhere on digital.

There are some articles on http://www.audiomisc.co.uk that refer to
listening of classical music via DTT and issues, though my music
interest is mainly non-proper music containing mostly triangle waves,
but you may something of interest here.

Sound on Vision
http://www.audiomisc.co.uk/HFN/SoV/soundonvision.html

iPlayer rules OK?