Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New source for Multimaster (and clone) blades

On 1/28/2011 5:25 AM HeyBub spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

On 1/27/2011 9:59 AM Bob F spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

Got the most recent Highland Woodworking catalog, and spotted a
new product: replacement blades for Multimaster and clones that
don't cost an arm and a leg.

http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/m...s-cutters.aspx

And I thought the HF blades were overpriced.

So where do you get your replacement blades?

I make my own. When a cutting blade wears down to the scraper level, I get
out my rotary Dremel and re-notch it. The result works at about 85% of the
efficiency of a new blade.

Right. That works on the plain steel blades, but obviously not with the
carbide or diamond blades. I've bought both at HF, which seem to be
pretty good quality, and a hell of a lot less than the brand-name ones.

who stands to make his point, then removes his hearing aid as a sign
that he is not going to hear any rebuttals.