Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Microwave oven now "Lazy Man" clean

Erik wrote:
In ,
Larry wrote:

I've used the 'boiling water' trick to clear a stopped toilet
on three occasions over the years. It beats the heck out
of using a snake in terms of speed, effectiveness and pleasantness!

Has anyone had their toilet crack in two from this tactic yet?
That'd put boiling **** all over your feet and floor.

I think I'd also be leery of thermal shocking a toilet... it could do a
number on the wax ring as well.

Larry, Erik.

Please consider the porcelain insulators in your truck's engine.
Starting on a cold day, they are subjected to ~0 C to ~2000 C
once per revolution. They don't crack in normal use, yes?

The technique is to pour the ~100 C water down the center of
the bowl, raising the contents to ~50 C or so, lowering the
viscosity of the load. It might take 2 or 3 tries for the most
challenging ex-chimichanga but it always works, in my experience.

And it won't damage the plumbing.

--Winston