Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Erik[_5_] Erik[_5_] is offline

Default Microwave oven now "Lazy Man" clean

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:

I've used the 'boiling water' trick to clear a stopped toilet
on three occasions over the years. It beats the heck out
of using a snake in terms of speed, effectiveness and pleasantness!

Has anyone had their toilet crack in two from this tactic yet?
That'd put boiling **** all over your feet and floor.

I think I'd also be leery of thermal shocking a toilet... it could do a
number on the wax ring as well.

I put in a new toilet a while back that seems to have a smaller than
average passageway. It's clogged up two or three times a year since new.

The last couple of times I had the 'pleasure' of dealing with it, I
mixed up a strong solution of liquid dishwashing detergent and water...
about a quart or so of I'd guess 80% detergent both times.

Said solution is on the dense side and sinks quickly... I kept the bowl
nearly full to keep some head pressure on the clog, then after 5 or 10
minutes, the lubed up clog passed.

Of course this won't work for towels, kid toys, root clogged sewer lines
and all that. My experience with this technique thus far is extremely
limited... but as of now I'm 2 for 2.

It's worth a shot, and beats hell out of piddling with the always
loathsome snake.

Hope it saves someone a headache sometime.

Erik