Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Microwave oven now "Lazy Man" clean

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 16:16:04 -0800, Winston
wrote:

Wes wrote:
Jim wrote:

On Jan 24, 10:18 am, wrote:
I zap a soup bowl, half full of water for a couple minutes and
let the vapor condense within the oven cavity for a couple
additional minutes.

The crud on the walls and inside the door then wipes
away quickly and easily with a paper towel.
Repeat once and the oven looks like new!

--Winston

Good idea, less work than dragging it outside to use the pressure
washer.

jsw

Wow, great minds work alike Winston. I've been doing that years, right after tried
boiling pasta water in my microwave.

Wes

We should compile the group's 'tribal knowledge' and turn it into
an easily - searched database. I bet there are lots of things that
we each do that others could benefit from. I'm endlessly fascinated
by 'tips and tricks' that make 'nearly impossible' tasks easy.

Excellent idea, Winnie. You gonna compile it?

Ferinstance:
I've used the 'boiling water' trick to clear a stopped toilet
on three occasions over the years. It beats the heck out
of using a snake in terms of speed, effectiveness and pleasantness!

Has anyone had their toilet crack in two from this tactic yet?
That'd put boiling **** all over your feet and floor.

--
We're all here because we're not all there.