Posted to alt.home.repair
zek zek is offline

Default looking for a knife

On Jan 27, 11:33*am, "nefletch" wrote:
I originally tried this post in a knife newsgroup, oops,
wrong crowd for a do-it-yourselfer.....so I thought
I would ask the newsgroup who were a little more
like myself, all comments appreciated.

I like to carry a small, thin knife for every day use. *I also
use it at work to open boxes, cut plastic banding, etc. *I
am not supposed to have a knife at work, but my work is
easier with one. *The current one I have is a folder, very
thin, and cheap. *I hate how the blade dulls after a few
uses. *Looking for recommendations for decent quality
knife that will hold an edge, but am not interested in
spending a ton of money for a pocket knife. *I appreciate
the responses in advance.

I have been using a key chain knife for some time. I can't live
without it, and sometimes
it opens in my pocket. Perhaps one that does not open like a
switchblade
would be better. I have sharpened it maybe once or twice after several
years.
http://www.kershaw-knives.net/Kersha...ive-KS1600.htm