Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default Watchman Alarm for oil tank - fitting query

On Jan 28, 2:40 pm, "Matt" wrote:
I purchased a Watchman Alarm a few days ago to fit to my oil tank.

My oil tank already has a pre-drilled hole with a sticker besides it
saying 'Watchman Alarm' - unfortunately the hole is only 25mm wide so I
would need to purchase a suitable 32mm hole-saw and make it larger.

That's not a major problem, what concerns me is that the part of the
tank where the pre-drilled hole is located is on a very slight curve
(if I rest a level ruler on that surface that's the diameter of the
alarm then the ruler has about a 1mm or 2mm gap under each far edge of
the alarm diameter). This would cause a problem fitting the washer and
the alarm - if the base is screwed down tight then the lower part of
the alarm fitting will bent slightly and the main alarm unit won't
screw in correctly (I haven't tried this, I'm basing this on
assumption).

snip

What can I do, if anything?

shim it so its level when you tighten the screws?

Jim K