Posted to alt.home.repair
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default looking for a knife

"N8N" wrote in message

I can tell you what *not* to buy... I had a CRKT pocketknife with a
stainless blade that someone gave me as a gift, and it dulled very
quickly.

I have several CRKT knives and like them just fine. They hire top designers
and offer some nice knives at reasonable prices, at least the ones made in
Taiwan have been good for me, haven't tried any of the ones made in China.

They use several different kinds of stainless steel, some perhaps better at
holding an edge than others. Of course cutting cardboard and plastic is a
great way to dull a blade, that's a job for a box-cutter. If the original
poster has to open a lot of boxes and so on then he should ask his employer
to provide him with a box-cutter with replaceable blades.