Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

Default Epoxy Internal Coatings For Copper House Water Lines To Eliminate

On Jan 27, 9:02*pm, " wrote:
On Jan 27, 10:51*pm, Joe wrote:

On Jan 26, 6:13*pm, Bob wrote:

Hello,

Have had a few pinhole leaks in house Copper water pipes.

Certainly don't want to re-plumb the whole house !

Anyone have any experience with the epoxy lining treatment for these
house water pipes ? *Please see:http://www.toolbase.org/Technology-I...xy-pipe-lining

Was also particularly wondering about:

- Health safety aspects of drinking water thru epoxy pipes ?

- how do they handle pumping the epoxy with all the valves in the house;
faucets, shower valves, etc. ?

- what happens at the 90 degree elbows ?

- how "popular" is this technique ? *Proven, experimental, etc. ?

- what are the negatives and caveats to this approach; there are
undoubtedly, I would think, some ? *Cost aspects ?

Thanks,
Bob

An exercise in futility.
Do it right.
Do it once.
Do it frugally.
Do it in PEX.
Not redoing the whole house with something that works makes people
wonder why you insist on a band aid solution that is known to have
many caveats and is very costly.
Time now to get on with finding a good plumbing contractor. Good luck.

Joe- Hide quoted text -

well its his wallet, no cost to me when he tries having insides of
water lines coated, and gets a leak later....

he can let us know how it goes, and give perodic reports. and if a
leak still occurs in future, how much it cost to fix.....

floods are pricey repairs......

==
The concept of internal epoxy coatings for copper pipes is one that
should be abandoned as it is not a feasible solution...period.
==