Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default Inkjet printers

On 1/27/2011 2:07 PM, jeff_wisnia wrote:
Steve Barker wrote:
On 1/27/2011 10:10 AM, ng_reader wrote:

So, I have this printer the Canon MX700 all-in-one.

Which, I would recommend, only as the inks are affordable if you use
refurbs and such. Basically $2 an ink cart.

But, buyer beware, what will $2 get you? Pretty sure you can omit
"quality".

I have two questions:

1) How do you know when your print-head has gone bad? I took it off,
soaked it in alcohol, put it back and it was a little better, but not
completely. Seriously, is there any difference between a new print head
and mine other than the new one isn't clogged?

and

2) Actually, I only have that one question.

Thanks in advance

Mr. Curious

I use an HP 8000 wireless and just keep a new one in stock. They're
cheaper on amazon dot com than the replacement ink. I stack the
printers in the barn, and use the ink and printheads that come with it
for $89. (a full replacement of ink and printheads is $125)

Do you get as much ink with the "new" printer as you do from the
"replacements"?

IIRC a lot of "new" inkjet printers come with an underfilled ink supply,
so you have to buy a "full" refill one rather quickly.

Jeff

I had heard that also. ALLs i know is that the ONE black cartridge i
bought at the store did NOT last as long as the ones that come with the
printers. I'm not buying any more at the store.

--
Steve Barker