Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default ESR meter built in seconds

On 1/27/2011 7:06 AM George Herold spake thus:

I used your techinque to look at a 1000uF cap. I used a DSO with a
bit of signal averaging. ('scope triggered from a sync output from the
generator) I got something like 0.016 ohms at 100kHz. Our SRS RCL
meter measured 0.014 ohms at 10kHz for the same cap. and then 'lost
it's mind' at 100kHz. (reported a negative capacitance.)

Perhaps you've stumbled onto the "anti-capacitor". Maybe you could
patent it ...

who stands to make his point, then removes his hearing aid as a sign
that he is not going to hear any rebuttals.