Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking
Kalmia Kalmia is offline

Default Reversible dishwasher sticker (clean/dirty)

On Jan 27, 5:26*pm, Heather Mills wrote:
Many years ago, I used to have a little magnetic sticker in the shape
of a flower. It was green on one side with the word "clean" and yellow
I think) in the other with the word "dirty". It was made of that
flexible magnetic-infused rubbery material. We kept in on the door of
the dishwasher to tell everyone whether the the dishes inside were
clean or dirty. It stopped a lot of "arguments".

It must have gotten lost in a move, 'cause I can't find it. I've
searched for something similar. I've found hundreds of clean/dirty
magnets, but they are all the kind that you rotate. Both the "clean"
and the "dirty" are on the same side. And they are metal, not rubber.
I'd really prefer one that is reversible and made of that soft
magnetized rubber material.

Does anyone know where I can find one?

I did find a craft project, but I'm not that crafty:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/craftygoat/2423583659/

I found a place that sells sheets of flexible magnetic material that
can be printed on with an inkjet printer, but there is $100 minimum:

http://www.duramag.com/flexible.html

They referred me to McMaster.com, which sells a 12" x 24" sheet that
can be printed on both sides for $7.52:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#flexible-magnets/=arzkgq

If I can't find any ready-made, maybe I'll buy a couple of sheets and
make my own! ;-)

Stick the words you need on some of those flat magnetic things on
which lawyers are wont to advertise. Frugal and keeps em out of
landfills.

( I don't get it - I KNOW when the dishes are done and unload
promptly.)