Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Snow Thrower Engine Backfires At Exhaust

wrote in message
..
Sea Foam costs about half that, and a bottle will treat that blower
carb 4 or 5 times, at least. And it's a whole lot less work.

Run some in the gas constantly and it won't go skunky, fouling the
carb

I have seen the Seafoam but not used any.. I do put Stabil in the gas of
all the small engines now and that seems to help alot. I have had to tear
into the carb on a 5 kw generator several times in the past when I did not
run it for several months in the past. I think the added ethenol in the gas
is causing lots more problems also. Seems that they can add about 5 % or so
with out even stating that at the pumps.

I don't have a snowblower as I am in the South, but do have a tiller, mower,
pressure washer and chain saws that are only used in the warmer months.
Well maybe not the saws.