Posted to alt.home.repair

Default looking for a knife

In the tools section of Home Depot, I bought a pocket type
knife. has a blade that slides out, and has "break away"
blade. I never break it, I've been resharpening the same
blade for several years. It's not obviously a knife, looks
more like a yellow highlighter.

Some Dollar Tree places like that have disposable break off
knives, that come with a little knife that looks more like a
tape measure. I wired one like that to alligator clip, and
clipped to the lapel of my shirt when I worked at a factory
and opened a lot of boxes.

For cutting plastic straps, EMT bandage shears are the cats
meow. You can get a belt holster for bandage shears, also.

As to the no knives rule, it's time to shoot all the
attorneys.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"nefletch" wrote in message
scommunications...
I originally tried this post in a knife newsgroup, oops,
wrong crowd for a do-it-yourselfer.....so I thought
I would ask the newsgroup who were a little more
like myself, all comments appreciated.

I like to carry a small, thin knife for every day use. I
also
use it at work to open boxes, cut plastic banding, etc. I
am not supposed to have a knife at work, but my work is
easier with one. The current one I have is a folder, very
thin, and cheap. I hate how the blade dulls after a few
uses. Looking for recommendations for decent quality
knife that will hold an edge, but am not interested in
spending a ton of money for a pocket knife. I appreciate
the responses in advance.