Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default looking for a knife

"nefletch" wrote in message
scommunications...
I originally tried this post in a knife newsgroup, oops,
wrong crowd for a do-it-yourselfer.....so I thought
I would ask the newsgroup who were a little more
like myself, all comments appreciated.

I like to carry a small, thin knife for every day use. I also
use it at work to open boxes, cut plastic banding, etc. I
am not supposed to have a knife at work, but my work is
easier with one. The current one I have is a folder, very
thin, and cheap. I hate how the blade dulls after a few
uses. Looking for recommendations for decent quality
knife that will hold an edge, but am not interested in
spending a ton of money for a pocket knife. I appreciate
the responses in advance.

I like the folders that take the replaceable cutting blades. DO NOT buy the
one with the pushbutton release, but the one with the clothespin type safety
closure. For opening boxes and cutting banding, they are great, and quickly
sharpened by inserting a new blade. Other knives are good, as recommended,
but more $$$, and you have to carry a sharpening stone, and eventually, they
wear down. Plus, if you lose one, you have to pony up more $$$, whereas the
folders with the replaceable blades are not as spendy.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.