Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default switching on ibm pc 300gl psu?

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 17:20:48 -0800 (PST), mynick
put finger to keyboard and composed:

How do you turn it on
it has no green or black-brown-blue-white wires
like regular at psu
with switch going to/from mentioned mains wires ? this one
has some different system(I do not think ac is going up the connector
to mbd to switch and back)

As Baron says, there will be one PS_ON wire that is pulled up to +5VSB
via a resistor. AFAICS, this means that when the PSU is in standby,
there will be two live wires -- one for +5VSB, and the other for
PS_ON. You should be able to determine the +5V, +12V, and Ground wires
by testing for continuity with the hard drive Molex connectors.

- Franc Zabkar