Posted to alt.architecture,alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Playing the Building by David Byrne

Father Haskell wrote:
On Jan 26, 5:23 pm, wrote:
On Jan 26, 4:19 pm, Father wrote:

In the old Delta blues tradition of the "diddley bow," a one
stringed lap slide guitar, several musicians have made
instruments by stretching baling wire across houses.

Interesting. Were the wires attached to the walls and the walls acted
as the drum skin?

I had the impression that wires were attached to nails in the walls
(outside). I went browsing and all I came up with were electric ones on
YouTube. Anyone have a link to a version of an acoustic one?
Maybe they just don't make 'em like they used to?

Bill

Yup. I'm thinking of replacing my doorbell with one.