Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] mdavenport@iname.com is offline

Default Safety-Guard SACRILEGE.

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 20:30:43 -0800 (PST), RicodJour
wrote:

On Jan 26, 10:20*pm, wrote:

Let's try this again...tell me how it's a TEEN drinking related
accident if the teen involved is NOT drinking? Shall we blame ALL
teenagers of being drunk behind the wheel?

You said it was a teen drunk in the other car. I'm not sure if you're
purposefully being obtuse or what. I understand your point, but you
don't apparently understand mine.

I NEVER said that the teen was drunk....I said, from the beginning
that it was the PASSENGER in the other car. If the driver of the other
car can't maintain control because he or she has a passenger, then
that person should NEVER drive

Having some drunk in the car, regardless of age, increases the risk of
an accident for the people in that car, whether the drunk is driving
or not. You can play semantic games and get your knickers in a twist
about MADD, but I don't really see the problem.

I'll stipulate that point, but not so far as to pin ANY blame on the
accident to the teen

That arguement is the same as saying that ALL blondes are dumb or that
all Italians are in the mob.

They are, and they are. Oh, excuse me - let me put that in words
you'll understand.
They ARE, and THEY are.

My point from the beginning is that MADD uses an accident like what I
just described to bolster their arguement that ALL uses of alcohol is
BADBADBAD.

Well, holy **** and stop the presses - somebody has an agenda?!

I don't mind an agenda....we all have one...but I don't expect the
taxpayers of this country to pay for mine

If you can't or won't accept that sometimes crap happens, then you
live in a happier world than the one that I live in..

Getting upset about someone having an agenda, and then throwing out
even the good stuff that they might try to do is just silly. Buck up.

Tell me this....exactly WHAT good has that group done?