Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

Default looking for a knife

On Jan 27, 1:50*pm, N8N wrote:
On Jan 27, 11:33*am, "nefletch" wrote:

I originally tried this post in a knife newsgroup, oops,
wrong crowd for a do-it-yourselfer.....so I thought
I would ask the newsgroup who were a little more
like myself, all comments appreciated.

I like to carry a small, thin knife for every day use. *I also
use it at work to open boxes, cut plastic banding, etc. *I
am not supposed to have a knife at work, but my work is
easier with one. *The current one I have is a folder, very
thin, and cheap. *I hate how the blade dulls after a few
uses. *Looking for recommendations for decent quality
knife that will hold an edge, but am not interested in
spending a ton of money for a pocket knife. *I appreciate
the responses in advance.

I can tell you what *not* to buy... *I had a CRKT pocketknife with a
stainless blade that someone gave me as a gift, and it dulled very
quickly.

I just lost it a week or so ago and gave up and bought a cheapo
Schrade from Tractor Supply. *Haven't used it enough to assess how
long it keeps an edge, but it was razor sharp out of the box.

nate

My woods pack has a CRKT M-16. Found it to be a very good all around
knife that does keep an edge. Everyday use it's the box cutter folding
knife.