Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_4_] Jon Danniken[_4_] is offline

Default Will Rock Salt Hurt My Shower Base?

DerbyDad03 wrote:
I will using rock salt to help control roots in my drain.

I have two choices as to where to dissolve the rock salt:

1 - A fiberglass utility sink in the corner farthest away from where
the drain exits the house.

2 - A fiberglass shower stall about 3 feet from where the drain exits
the house.

I don't care what happens to the utility sink, but I don't want to
damage, stain or in any other manner hurt the shower stall since it
gets used (by me) on a daily basis.

If I was careful about how I place the rock salt in the shower, would
dissolving it cause any damage to the base, which has a "textured"
slip resistant base?

How close are the roots to your shower, does the shower sit right on the
ground? I'm trying to see why you don't just use the stuff they sell to
flush down the toilet....

Jon