Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob AZ Bob  AZ is offline

Default Two phases or not?

Ok I get what your saying.. But do you understand what a *phanse difference
is?? It is timing like you said.

Mike

Nice weblink. Someone went to a lot of work to do the programming and
all for it. When I had phase and rotation and the resultants presented
to me a long time ago it was on a blackboard by a math person. Took a
while to sink in with all of us in the class.

I do undrstand what a phase difference is. I have been tripped up lots
of times by it. One time that comes to my mind was when I was working
in a 3 phase box and simply couldn't get a there phase subpanel to
give me three hot legs as I expected. I found out that a major airport
used nothing but 3 phase panels for distribution but only distributed
two phases of the three. They used the vacant pole in the panel for
growth. There was even a mix of 110 and 220 volts. Thus the panel had
one phase on the first pole and the other poles were the same phase.
Cost the US government a few thousand which was recovered from the
municipality with penalties.

And to "add" to this discussion I am filtering the responses by my
personal criteria. There are 3 ways of doing anything. The adult way,
the child way and the infant way. Take a look at some of the
long over due.

Bob AZ