Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Safety-Guard SACRILEGE.

On 1/26/2011 9:36 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

In their program, the RAS has ONLY ONE function.

The first step in preparing stock.

IOW, cutting rough stock to approximate length.

Just starting that beast got my extra special attention.

My sentiments exactly ... "beast" is a good description. Used a borrowed
RAS to build a couple of recording studios way back when, and it was the
only tool that I've ever used that I instinctively hated to walk up to.

I had no preconditioning for that feeling whatsoever, there was just
something about a RAS that literally exuded danger to me ... still would
if I had one.

To me, always been a tool of last resort if I couldn't use something
else. Irrational? So be it ... it even surprised me when I thought about
it ... go figure.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010