Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default moving stuff out to a shed

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 19:23:30 +0000, Another John wrote:

I don't think I'd use plastic of any description: I'd be worried about
condensation.

Aye no doubt they will be packed up in a nice warm place then shifted
out to the cold shed. Instant condensation in the "sealed" bags, not
a good idea.

I think I'd buy some of those boxes used for moving house (cardboard
boxes, flat-packed) and stash the books in those. I'd then cover the
piles of boxes with decorator's dust sheets. These materials can absorb
damp, and then lose it, as temps rise and fall.

Probably be OK for a short term, a few weeks at most, but anything
longer really needs somewhere better than a cold, damp, unheated,
shed.

--
Cheers
Dave.