Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Two phases or not?

On 1/26/2011 7:45 PM Michael A. Terrell spake thus:

Michael Kennedy wrote:

MIke et al

The problem seems to be that after all this dialogue, that so
many of the responders simply don't stick to the basic premise
that different phases by definition have timing differences.
Simply reversing the way of using a phase does not make it a
different phase. The timing stays the same.

Ok I get what your saying.. But do you understand what a phanse difference
is?? It is timing like you said..

Here is an explanation using audio waves. Maybe you can get what I am
saying.

http://www.indiana.edu/~emusic/acoustics/phase.htm

By your definiton, a 'Push-Pull Output Transformer' is two phase.

It IS two phase; that's the whole point. (At least on the primary side.)

I'd be interested in your explanation of how it isn't ...

(I think my example was a little more clear: look at a center-tapped
transformer used as the input to a push-pull stage and tell me there
aren't two phases there.)

who stands to make his point, then removes his hearing aid as a sign
that he is not going to hear any rebuttals.