Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Denis G.[_2_] Denis G.[_2_] is offline

Default NOVA show: Making Stuff Smaller

This week’s NOVA is about micro-technology including something about
pill-cameras (recently discussed here). It is the second show of the
4-part “Making Stuff” series (Stronger, Smaller, Cleaner and
Smarter). Next week's show features Jay Leno, his collection of cars
and new car and energy technology. A local PBS radio show, I follow,
interviewed the show’s host, David Pogue (a NY Times science
correspondent). He mentioned one funny thing about the pillcam that
was probably an aside to the TV broadcast (I haven’t seen it yet).
Doctors instruct patients that when the pill-cam completes it’s
“journey”, they don’t have to worry about it and can flush it down the
toilet. Yet when they review the video, they will often see a hand
fishing it out of the toilet and fingers busily washing the camera off
with soap and water. gross, but funny