Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default Two phases or not?

Wild_Bill wrote:

Having a couple of decades experience in servicing/repair of commercial
and consumer electronic equipment and additional training and experience
in industrial site experience (both electrical and electronic circuits),
I have never seen descriptions or designations stated as 2-phase, for
any type of transformer.

Or: Hey bub, you gotta single-phase-in, 2-phase-out transformer?

But I have seen and used transformers with multiple taps, on both pri
and sec sides.
The number of taps on either side of a single-phase transformer don't
change the output(s) to 2-phase, regardless of how many there are (pri
or sec side).
Monophase sounds odd, like it's not related to electricity.
How about uniphase? Yep, found an example (and diphase) used in a book c
1905.
Electricity In Every-day Life Edwin J. Houston PhD. You know that's
gonna be interesting just because it was authored by a PhD.

--
Cheers,
WB

You still lose:

You don't seem to know the difference between circuits and phase
angles..

Typical residential hack electrician..

I hope you don't ever decide to move in to electronics, you'd be in a
world of ****.