Dave Liquorice

Default oil fired boiler help

On 13 Jul 2003 15:15:15 -0700, pjti wrote:

Thanks everybody , I have "cured" the boiler. I found a thing that
looked like fuse and whne I pressed it things started to happen.

Probably the over temperature thermostat. Ours has a hibit of tripping
this but then it's 38kW boiler with just a HW tank on it at this time
of year. Heat input heat sunk into HW tank meaning the boiler gets
to damn hot and protects itself, dispite the normal boiler stat being
set at about 70C (the protection is supposed to be just under 100C).
Massive lumps of cast iron hold a lot of heat even after the burner
has switched off.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail