Posted to alt.home.repair
Mysterious Traveler Mysterious Traveler is offline

Default Short measure at propane tank exchange stations

On 01/26/2011 09:37 AM, George wrote:
While waiting for my wife outside a store yesterday, I passed the time
by reading the information on the "Blue Rhino" propane tank exchange
setup. No surprises until I got to the bottom and discovered that the
"Full" tanks contain only 15lb of propane. I thought that the "regular"
small propane tanks held 20lb.

How many people are thinking that they are getting 20lb (as they would
if they took their own tanks to a refilling station) for a good price
but getting only 15lb?

Perce

Thats what happens when shopping on price not value at the big box
became the thing to do.

I believe thats a Federal law so they don't get to full and have
problems. Everywhere I get tanks filled it's the same way.

--
Lets stop giving money to foreign countries and reduce our National
Debt that way instead of cutting benefits for our own citizens.