Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Short measure at propane tank exchange stations

Legally, they can only fill 80% of the stated capacity,
which is 16. And, you still got shorted as 15 is less than
16.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message
While waiting for my wife outside a store yesterday, I
passed the time
by reading the information on the "Blue Rhino" propane tank
exchange
setup. No surprises until I got to the bottom and discovered
that the
"Full" tanks contain only 15lb of propane. I thought that
the "regular"
small propane tanks held 20lb.

How many people are thinking that they are getting 20lb (as
they would
if they took their own tanks to a refilling station) for a
good price
but getting only 15lb?

Perce