Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] mkirsch1@rochester.rr.com is offline

Default Short measure at propane tank exchange stations

On Jan 26, 5:57*am, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
Ice cream has survived as a half gallon for decades, at least 6 that I'm
aware of. *It is more costly to pack the smaller cartons. *A hundred gallon
batch of ice cream used to take 200 containers. *Now it takes 266 containers
for that batch. *Given that the physical size and material is changed
little, the smaller containers won't be that much cheaper. * As a consumer,
I'm being made to pay for that waste of resources.

Yes, but the total number of containers shipped remains the same.

That either means they have reduced batch size to 75 gallons, or they
only make three 100-gallon batches where they used to make four.

Either way, the ingredient cost is reduced by 25%, while revenue stays
the same.