Posted to uk.d-i-y
1501 1501 is offline

Default Petrol Substitute

On Jan 25, 5:36*pm, "MuddyMike" wrote:
"Nightjar "cpb"@" "insertmysurnamehere wrote in message

On 25/01/2011 15:05, Gary wrote:
Hi

As Petrol is taxed because it is used in cars I was wondering if there
was a good substitute for running petrol tools . Generators movers etc..

I know LPG is used but is there anything else that would work without
modding the equipment.

Any Thoughts.

Gary

AVGAS is not taxed, although when I was still flying it was not much
different in price from motor fuel with the tax.

Colin Bignell

I have just taken a look at the HMR&C website and it seems unleaded petrol,
avtur and avgas used for what they call "private pleasure-flying" all
attract the same duty as road fuel. The same applies to fuel used for
private pleasure boating.
Its all here.http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsP...lsPortalWebApp....

Most lawn mowing is NOT pleasurable!