Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder[_2_] Mr Pounder[_2_] is offline

Default Silicone not bonding

"Steven Campbell" wrote in message
o.uk...
Hi guys I recently had a shower tray installed (Bathstore, low profile,
plastic I presume) and had new tiles fitted round about it.
The floor it all sits on was particle board.
On top of this was some sheet ply and underfloor heating insulation boards
The under floor heating element and then the floor tiles.
The shower tray has been sealed with silicone round the outside but it
only seems to bond for a few weeks and then seems to peel off the try at
certain points.

I think maybe either the tray moves slightly when in the shower or the
tiles move slightly and it is enough to break the bond of the silicone.

Is there anything I can use or trick to make the silicone stay bonded?

Thanks.

Try scraping the old stuff out then putting the weight of a person on the
tray ---- hmm.
Then reseal.
Sealing a bath is supposed to be done with the bath 3/4 full of water.