Markt Markt is offline
Junior Member

How about these from Maplin

http://www.maplin.co.uk/potting-boxes-1664

Part number FD97F has internal dims of 48mm x 48mm x 29mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
I'm after some small boxes to enclose some hall effect current sensors
on some large (to me anyway, 1.5cm dia) cables.

The ideal solution would be a box that comes in two equal halves each
about 2" x 2" x 1" such that when the two halves are put together they
enclose a 2" cube. There would of course have to be semicircular
cutouts in the two halves to feed the cable through but I'm quite happy
to cut/grind these myself if I can find suitable boxes.

Can anyone suggest anything suitable? Size isn't all that critical, a
bit bigger won't matter too much. Plastic would be best but metal
boxes would be OK. They don't have to be watertight or anything, this
is low voltage (12 volts) and all I'm after is mechanical protection.

All the boxes from Rapid, RS and Farnell seem to be the type with a
flat lid, as are most 'adaptable boxes'. Not to mention that none of
them are anything like the cube shape I want. Actually almost any box
that's something like a 2" cube would be an improvement on what I've
found so far.

--
Chris Green