Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Short measure at propane tank exchange stations

On 1/26/2011 2:50 AM, harry wrote:
On Jan 26, 3:50 am, The Daring
wrote:
On 1/25/2011 9:13 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

?
"Steve wrote
How many people are thinking that they are getting 20lb (as they
would if they took their own tanks to a refilling station) for a good
price but getting only 15lb?

Perce

Only those who are in such a hurry that they don't read the sign.

Steve

After not having to read the sign for the past 50 years, it is a sleazy
way of raising the price. Yes, it may be legal, it may be show on the
label, but I don't read the sticker on a dozen eggs either. It has
always been that way.

I always took my tanks to U-Haul and watched the guy fill them whilst
the tank sat on the filling station scale. :-)

TDD- Hide quoted text -

If you ever go metric, there is scope for the most incredible fiddles
and rip-offs. Everything metric is smaller and somehow more expensive.

Yea, you guys by everything by the litter, puppies, kittens,
children........ :-)

TDD