Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matty F Matty F is offline

Default New LED house light bulbs

On Jan 24, 11:17 pm, "john eastwood"
wrote:
Just seen for sale light bulbs for the house, each one consisting of 15 of
those LEDs. They are going for about 6 each and are rated at 2500 hours
lifespan.

Anyone any experience of these....advantages and disadvantages?

I've had something similar in my fake gaslamp outside for several
years. They are rated at 12 volts DC and I ran them off a car battery.
But I had a charger on the battery so the voltage was a bit high and
some of the LEDs got a bit dim after a few weeks. I've put a
resistance in series to bring the voltage down.
At only 3 watts there is not a great deal of light.