Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, One Of My Heroes Is Gone

On 1/24/2011 6:43 PM, IGot2P wrote:
On 1/24/2011 2:31 PM, Meat Plow wrote:
On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 00:13:16 -0600, The Daring Dufas wrote:

A national hero RIP.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41225595...ife/?gt1=43001

http://preview.tinyurl.com/4u45sqf

TDD

Jack in he latter years had respiratory ailments. LA was a pretty ****ty
choice air quality wise for one who suffered as he did. 96 is a pretty
long life though. Who knows if he had lived somewhere with cleaner air
like Honolulu how much longer he would have lived. I think LA is number 1
or 2 worst polluted cities.

Actually it is number 3.

Most polluted US cities - By year-round particle pollution

1. Bakersfield, California
2. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3. Los Angeles, California
4. Visalia, California
5. Birmingham, Alabama
6. Hanford, California
7. Fresno, California
8. Cincinnati, Ohio
9. Detroit, Michigan
10. Cleveland, Ohio

Birmingham doesn't have wall to wall steel mills anymore and as I
understand it, the air pollution is due to vehicles, a lot of the
traffic is on the nightmare road Highway 280 South of the city.
When my darker cousins took over the city all those damn Honkeys
fled South to Shelby County and the commute in and out of Birmingham
is insane along 280 which is often a parking lot full of idling cars.
There are also three large coal-fired power plants in the vicinity.
A lot of the smog is ground level ozone which can be quite rough on
us at times. :-(

TDD