Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Neville Robert Neville is offline

Default Short measure at propane tank exchange stations

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

After not having to read the sign for the past 50 years, it is a sleazy way
of raising the price. Yes, it may be legal, it may be show on the label,
but I don't read the sticker on a dozen eggs either. It has always been
that way.

Right. Just like 16oz bags of potato chips, two pound cans of coffee and 1/2
gallon tubs of ice cream.

That said, I sort of understand where the manufacturers are coming from. It's
not always about hiding a unit cost increase - sometimes it's the price point.
They have evidence enough that enough people don't look at unit pricing - they
have a set amount they will pay for a product and either not buy over that
amount or will buy a competitive product that sells for less, even if it
contains less.