Posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.d-i-y
vg4cysss7001 vg4cysss7001 is offline

Default OT, more than likely...

In article , Mike Fleming
writes
In article , David Reid
writes:

I've been to Goran Haven too and I was walking.

An odd thing about Gorran Haven and Gorran Churchtown is that while
they were both named after St Goran, the places have two "r"s,

Nothing worse than having 2 arse. About face?

but the
saint has just one. I can sympathise with that - it seems that no-one
has heard of Ian, Victor, John Ambrose, Alexander, etc, all of whom
spelt Fleming with one "m". "Sorry, Your Saintship, we've got all the
signs and inscriptions done with two 'r's and the vilalges are on the
map too. You wouldn't consider changing your name, would you?"

--
Misha
Free on-line, off-site backups?