Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default Compact Fluorescent Lamps Burn Out Faster Than Expected, Limiting Energy Savings in California's Efficiency Program

In , zek
wrote:

SNIP previously quoted material

I wanted to add, I have maybe 3 in the house I leave on all the time.
Partly for my kittys, and partly, it saves flicking the switch.

My LED's inside are on all the time, and are attached to a battery
backup. There are some in bathroom and kitchen under cabinet.
Will add some more when I finish basement.

For cats, just get a few of those low power green or blue LED
nightlights. Dark-adapted people can see their way around with those, and
cats have much better night vision than people have.
--
- Don Klipstein )