Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Toilet Shims - Hard or Soft

jamesgangnc wrote in
:

On Jan 25, 9:38*am, Red Green wrote:
MAY be using them soon. At the Borg they had hard plastic and softer
rubb

er
(soft like a door stop wedge). Flooring will be vinyl.

When is each appropriate?

I have seen plumbers use pennys on vinyl so I'd guess hard for vinyl.
Was there shims previously? I've never had a use for them myself.
The one toilet I had that rocked a little on tile I took a hand
grinder to the bottom of until it sat still.

No shims before. Not needed. Toilet was in with LAG bolts. Well, not really
in. I took them out of the rotten subfloor with my fingers.

Not really sure if I will even need them. Just a thought that came up when
the shim possibility came into play.