Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Induction heating pipes

There was a company around here named Copperweld, that I believe used
special processes in working with copper alloys.

I believe that there are lots of applications that are applied to copper
which I'm unaware of, but I know from experience that
accidently/unintentionally overheating copper makes it worthless in/for many
uses.
For the most part, I try to avoid destroying a materials' useful
characteristics.

For an amazing display of colors, heat up some brass tubing with a MAPP or
other hot torch (with proper safety precautions and ventilation). Brazing
brass tubing doesn't destroy good tubing, that I'm aware of.. probably a not
common process though.

--
WB

"whit3rd" wrote in message

Induction heating in a hydrogen atmosphere for the purpose of brazing
copper is not a terribly unusual operation (in a scientific instrument
shop). The copper gets cherry-red. The induction coils, also
copper, are usually soft copper tube with cooling water.