Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Somewhat OT - Ceramic Knives

On Jan 25, 1:40*pm, jeff_wisnia
wrote:
SBH wrote:
It's still a home issue which is why it's somewhat OT.

Anyway, anyone purchase the newer ceramic knives which are on the
market? Are they all what they claim to be? I'm having trouble
determining the differences between all of them which I see advertised
on many sites. The prices fluctuate from $10 to $100 for a set or
individual knife. Therefore, what to look for? Brand?

Serious question..... I've often wondered...

Do those ceramic knives show up in your carry on baggage when it's
X-rayed by airport security?

Everything shows up on an X-ray, and they use broad spectrum and color-
coding technology to differentiate between materials.

Or when passing through a magnetometer?

Nope. This is one of the major fallacies of the scanners. It's a dog
and pony show to create the illusion that people are safer. The funny
thing is that people weren't at more risk in the first place.

If you jump at every shadow, eventually, if you wait long enough,
there will be something in the shadows so you'll have proven all the
jumping to be worthwhile.