Posted to alt.architecture,alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Playing the Building by David Byrne

On Jan 25, 7:08*am, marc rosen wrote:

Hey Rico,
The second album by the Talking Heads is titled "More Songs about
Buildings and Food". *I also thought I'd make my own Frank Zappa
reference with the quip "Is this phase two.......?" *(For those Lumpy
Gravy/Money perusers)

David Byrne said that as a youth he was probably borderline
Asperger's, and I think that ability to obsess about things, and the
ability to create from that obsession, is what makes an artist and
artist.

If you want me to elaborate about meeting Byrne, I was working
(volunteering) at a college radio station and one of the other DJs was
a close friend of his so he was invited to hang out for an evening.
Nice time, can't recall too much of what was said.

No problem - some of the best nights I ever had were a bit foggy
afterward...and after some I was also pretty damned sore.