Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David David is offline

Default Two phases or not?

Unfortunately. Maybe we should more generic terminology to
describe this. There is a difference in the phase of the two
legs off of a center tapped transformer. This can not be
argued. Anyone who argues so can go hook up a couple scopes for
themselves as you suggested.

Maybe the confusion exsists because of the nature of two
seperate phase (split phase) power vs 3. Correct me if I am
wrong, but any device requiring 240V could be powered by 2 legs
of a center tapped 7200V==120V N 120V transformer or could be