Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Pet hates ?

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 02:11:27 -0000, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:
Interestingly, here in the UK, the exits from the motorways - loosely
'freeways' equivalent, I guess - have always been numbered, and have always
been referred to by number. So someone giving directions might say "take the
M1 north, and exit at junction 15 onto the A508", 'A' being the
designator for a major road, but without motorway status.

Arfa

California is different:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Numbered_Exit_Uniform_System
http://www.cahighways.org/num-exitnum.html
A suffix letter A, B, C, D or E is used on multi-exit
interchanges, or on multiple interchange exits within
the same exit number zone.

As a former member of the Anti Digit Dialing League and fan of The
Prisoner (I am not a number...), I find the whole effort amusing.
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,827416,00.html

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D